Bronze Age burial site excavated on DartmoorBreaking News
An early Bronze Age burial cist containing cremated bones and material dating back 4,000 years has been excavated on Dartmoor.
Archaeologists uncovered items from the site on Whitehorse Hill including a woven bag or basket and amber beads.
Cists are stone-built chests which are used for the burial of ashes.
Dartmoor National Park Authority (DNPA) said the discovery could be one of the most important archaeological finds in 100 years....
comments powered by Disqus
- Watch every presidential debate since 1960
- Clinton-Trump Debate Expected to Be Rare Draw in a Polarized Age
- Obama hails opening of the African American Museum
- Palestinians' Abbas seeks British apology for 1917 Jewish homeland declaration
- Anger as Churchill's home turned into Hitler HQ for Transformers 5
- Karl Dietrich Bracher, German Historian of Nazi Era, Dies at 94
- Allan Lichtman predicts Trump will win
- Doris Kearns Goodwin scores an interview with Barack Obama
- Art historian Kellie Jones wins a MacArthur Foundation “Genius” grant
- Historians note that prisoners have been treated inhumanely throughout American history