Anger as Britain lags behind France - and Belgium - in plans to mark the centenary of the First World WarBreaking News
David Cameron faces fresh humiliation at the hands of Nicolas Sarkozy after the French president stole a march on the British in preparations for the centenary of the outbreak of the First World War.
The Prime Minister was last night accused of ‘dragging his feet’ over the important commemorations in 2014 and letting the French race ahead with spectacular anniversary plans.
The Mail on Sunday can reveal they will include a £25 million state-of-the-art Museum Of The Great War to be announced by Mr Sarkozy on Remembrance Day next month.
The French president, who last week told Mr Cameron to ‘shut up’ and stop interfering in the eurozone crisis talks, is also pledging millions for other events across France.
Even Belgium is years ahead, with firm proposals including a memorial garden in London made from soil from the battlefields of Flanders....
comments powered by Disqus
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Does Melania Trump know what plagiarism is?
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history