BMW owners make pledge over Nazi past
Germany's Quandt family, a major shareholder in car manufacturer BMW, has pledged more than 5 million euros (6.9 million dollars) to a memorial for forced labourers in Nazi Germany, media reported Sunday.
The Quandt family, which is one of Germany's richest, benefited under Nazi rule from using forced labour in its factories, including Jews rounded up in concentration camps....
comments powered by Disqus
- 'Sexist' Paris streets renamed in the name of feminism
- NYT profiles a path-breaking transgender pioneer who became a judge
- CIA Plans Huge Release of Top-Secret Reports From the 1960s
- South Dakota drops history as a high school requirement
- The Forgotten History Of 'Violent Displacement' That Helped Create The National Parks
- Historian author Antony Beevor says his new World War 2 book may anger Americans
- Ron Radosh and Allis Radosh plan to defend Warren Harding in a new book
- Historians tackle America’s mass incarceration problem
- Report: Russian studies in crisis
- Ken Burns: Donald Trump’s birtherism — a “politer way of saying the ‘N-word'” — proves America isn’t remotely “post-racial”