Norwich historian has designs on Malta’s academic history
For PhD and Masters degree students at The University of Malta will, from now on, be graduating in ceremonial robes and hoods designed by Nick Groves, 55, from Rouen Road, Norwich.
The university held a competition for robe designers and former UEA post graduate Dr Groves – a founding fellow of The Burgon Society, which celebrates the history of university ceremonial dress – won with his designs inspired by traditional continental gowns....
comments powered by Disqus
- Ted Widmer picks the 5 best presidential books worth reading
- AHA backs California's LGBT History law
- Cultural historian traces history of baby food
- Jules Witcover identifies the best and worst veeps in US history in an interview about his new book
- USC history professor studies Civil War experience through the senses