Norwich historian has designs on Malta’s academic history
For PhD and Masters degree students at The University of Malta will, from now on, be graduating in ceremonial robes and hoods designed by Nick Groves, 55, from Rouen Road, Norwich.
The university held a competition for robe designers and former UEA post graduate Dr Groves – a founding fellow of The Burgon Society, which celebrates the history of university ceremonial dress – won with his designs inspired by traditional continental gowns....
comments powered by Disqus
- Decades After Trinity Nuclear Test in New Mexico, U.S. Studies Cancer Fallout
- Lawrence Of Arabia's Hand-Drawn, WWI Map Is Up for Auction
- Thousands Of FBI Documents About Civil Rights Era Destroyed By Flooding
- Ancient Egyptian Woman with 70 Hair Extensions Discovered
- Europeans drawn from three ancient 'tribes'
- Conservatives press the case against the new AP framework for US history
- Who wrote the new AP US History framework? Now we know.
- Pro-Israel groups going after federal support of Middle East Studies
- 100th Anniversary of Beard's 'An Economic Interpretation of the Constitution' commemorated
- University of Illinois Bigwig to Native American Studies scholar Jean O’Brien: Drop Dead