Hitler 'personally' planned 1934 putsch in ViennaBreaking News
VIENNA — Adolf Hitler himself planned a failed Nazi coup in 1934 that culminated in the assassination of the Austrian chancellor Engelbert Dollfuss, according to new findings by a Viennese historian.
Based on journal entries by close Hitler associate Joseph Goebbels, historian Kurt Bauer concluded the thwarted "July putsch" of 1934 was devised "with great likelihood by Adolf Hitler personally", in a newly published article.
On July 25, 1934, Austrian Nazi partisans attacked the chancellery in Vienna, hoping to force the government to resign and install a regime favourable to Hitler's Germany....
comments powered by Disqus
- NYT's Notable Books of 2015: These are the history books that made the cut
- Petition signed by 44,000 to add more female thinkers to the Politics A Level syllabus in the UK
- Most Students Have No Clue What Accurate Native American History Looks Like
- Historians Re-Enter Presidential Studies
- David Courtwright sees 19th-century solution to the current heroin crisis