History Channel Launches in India
NEW DELHI – History Channel launched in India Sunday, promoted by AETN18, a joint venture between History parent A+E Networks and leading Indian broadcasting group Network18.
The high definition channel roped in top Bollywood star Salman Khan as its brand ambassador, who features in the channel's launch campaign. AETN18 claims the channel is already available in over 40 million households distributed via various cable and direct to home (DTH) platforms. In addition, History is available in six languages, including English....
comments powered by Disqus
- Harvard acquires Thoreau's notes on the death of Margaret Fuller
- It’s a national historic site, but hardly anybody visits the Idaho internment camp where thousands of Japanese Americans were incarcerated in WW II
- Big-time Hollywood director makes a movie about Stonewall
- HMS Victory: The mystery of Britain's worst naval disaster is finally solved - 271 years later
- A salute lost to history
- High school senior credited with debunking book by Professor Richard Jensen
- Historians at loggerheads over the AP standards
- Bettany Hughes interview: The historian on how Socrates would have solved Greece's problems
- U.K. Released Hundreds of Nazis After the Holocaust, Says Leading Historian
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?