'Notorious PhD', aka Fordham professor Mark Naison, raps against gentrification in Bronx
A Funky fresh Fordham University professor is rapping about rent to warn the Bronx about gentrification. But housing and census experts believe the borough has nothing to fear.
Mark Naison, who rhymes under the stage name Notorious PhD, [performed] "Not in the Bronx" Thursday at the Urban Plunge, an annual community service event just for Fordham freshmen.
The history scholar has watched yuppies and hipsters transform parts of Brooklyn and Harlem, crowding out longtime residents and wants Fordham students to help protect the Bronx....
comments powered by Disqus
- Neanderthal 'Art' Found In Cave Sheds Surprising New Light On Ancient Intelligence
- Midterm Election Mind-Reading: The Market Tends to Win
- Proof surfaces for affair between Queen Victoria and her male assistant
- Could humans cause another Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum?
- Vikings are having a great year!
- David Rosand, an Art History Scholar Whose Heart Was in Venice, Dies at 75
- NYT interviews Rick Perlstein about his book
- OAH issues a statement in support of the AP standards
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?