Medical museum prepares move from Walter Reed campusBreaking News
How do you move an 86-year-old skeleton across town? Hundreds of antique microscopes? A single lock of Abraham Lincoln's hair?
This is the challenge the National Museum of Health and Medicine is facing. Under the direction of the Defense Base Closure and Realignment Commission, which was instituted in 2005, the museum will be moving from the Walter Reed campus in Northwest Washington to its new location at the Forest Glen Annex in Silver Spring, Maryland.
Many have been watching the museum's neighbor, the 102-year-old Walter Reed Army Medical Center. Currently the hospital is working to transfer a different type of precious cargo -- wounded soldiers -- to the newly constructed Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, Md., and the Fort Belvoir Community Hospital in Virginia....
comments powered by Disqus
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Transcribed Document: Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity