Cheney Memoir Leaked to NYT
The New York Times "obtained" a copy of former Vice President Dick Cheney's memoir, In My Time, which is to be released next week and reports the book "opens with an account of Mr. Cheney's experiences during the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, when he essentially commanded the government's response from a bunker beneath the White House while Mr. Bush -- who was away from Washington and hampered by communications breakdowns -- played a peripheral role. But Mr. Cheney wrote that he did not want to make any formal statement to the nation that day."...
comments powered by Disqus
- Raleigh Trevelyan, Chronicler of a Notable Family, Dies at 91
- Former spokesman of B.C. anti-immigration group wants UBC history prof fired
- Harvard's Steven Shapin Wins History of Science Award
- Middle East Studies Association Fights a Rising Tide of Critics
- Juan Cole says the postwar Middle East governments were modeled on the Soviet Union, though not communist (interview)