Cheney Memoir Leaked to NYTBreaking News
The New York Times "obtained" a copy of former Vice President Dick Cheney's memoir, In My Time, which is to be released next week and reports the book "opens with an account of Mr. Cheney's experiences during the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, when he essentially commanded the government's response from a bunker beneath the White House while Mr. Bush -- who was away from Washington and hampered by communications breakdowns -- played a peripheral role. But Mr. Cheney wrote that he did not want to make any formal statement to the nation that day."...
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Historian Benjamin Madley says what whites did to Indians in the 19th century in California was genocide.
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)