Cheney Had a Secret Resignation Letter While No. 2Breaking News
Former Vice President Dick Cheney says he had a secret resignation letter signed and stored in a safe for most of the Bush administration in case he became incapacitated.
Cheney says he signed the resignation letter in March 2001, just about two months after taking office. He says only President George W. Bush and one of the vice president's staff members knew the letter existed.
Cheney says one of the reasons for having a resignation letter on hand was his history of health problems, including multiple heart attacks. He says the letter could have been used if he had been incapacitated by a heart attack or stroke....
comments powered by Disqus
- Mike Huckabee’s 1998 Book Is Full Of Fake Quotes From America’s Founders
- Children should be taught about suffering under the British Empire, Jeremy Corbyn says
- Collateral damage: A brief history of U.S. mistakes at war
- East Germany's secrets are slowly being revealed
- William Buckley's FBI files released
- NC student’s senior thesis selected as top paper sheds light on little-known victory over Jim Crow
- Historian Who Probed Austria’s Nazi Past Begins Sentence for Defrauding State
- Daniel Pipes says we should be worried that immigrants don’t share western values
- Nobel Prize in Literature Awarded to journalist Svetlana Alexievich
- Niall Ferguson leaving Harvard for Stanford