Cheney Had a Secret Resignation Letter While No. 2Breaking News
Former Vice President Dick Cheney says he had a secret resignation letter signed and stored in a safe for most of the Bush administration in case he became incapacitated.
Cheney says he signed the resignation letter in March 2001, just about two months after taking office. He says only President George W. Bush and one of the vice president's staff members knew the letter existed.
Cheney says one of the reasons for having a resignation letter on hand was his history of health problems, including multiple heart attacks. He says the letter could have been used if he had been incapacitated by a heart attack or stroke....
comments powered by Disqus
- African American museum’s fundraising touches deep history among donors
- Black Death maps reveal how the plague devastated medieval Britain
- Bernie Sanders picks Cornel West to help write Democratic platform
- Trump is empowering anti-Semites, Holocaust deniers, and White nationalists
- The First Time a Plane Was Bombed