Rembrandt stolen in 'well planned heist' is found in churchBreaking News
A Rembrandt drawing valued at more than $250,000 (£152,000) that was stolen from a hotel lobby has been found in a church.
Nobody has been arrested.
Los Angeles County sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore says detectives got a tip from an anonymous caller on Monday evening that the Dutch master's 17th century sketch "The Judgment" was in a church in San Fernando.
The name of the church was not disclosed at a dawn Tuesday news conference.
A curator confirmed the artwork's authenticity at 12:05 am on Tuesday.....
comments powered by Disqus
- Ken Burns argues that Vietnam is to blame for much of our current alienation and polarization
- Ilan Pappe says Israel Is Not a Democracy
- Drew Gilpin Faust discusses free speech in Harvard commencement address (video)
- Military Journalist Calls on General McMaster to Step Down—And Let Trump Be Trump
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election