Rembrandt stolen in 'well planned heist' is found in church
A Rembrandt drawing valued at more than $250,000 (£152,000) that was stolen from a hotel lobby has been found in a church.
Nobody has been arrested.
Los Angeles County sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore says detectives got a tip from an anonymous caller on Monday evening that the Dutch master's 17th century sketch "The Judgment" was in a church in San Fernando.
The name of the church was not disclosed at a dawn Tuesday news conference.
A curator confirmed the artwork's authenticity at 12:05 am on Tuesday.....
comments powered by Disqus
- Scientists Say Proof Of Jack The Ripper's Identity Is Fatally Flawed
- Memorial for black Revolutionary War soldiers finds spot on Mall after 30 years
- Sherlock Holmes star to feature in a new movie about Alan Turning
- Man’s Genome From 45,000 Years Ago Is Reconstructed
- This company claims its video games about the French Revolution are accurate