Nelson Mandela to remain at birthplace indefinitely
Nelson Mandela, the former South African president, is to remain at his birthplace, his rural home in the Eastern Cape indefinitely, his family have confirmed.
The 93-year-old flew to Qunu ahead of his birthday last week along with his wife Graca and a phalanx of doctors and staff.
His family have confirmed that he asked to remain there and will not now return to his home in Houghton, Johannesburg as was expected....
comments powered by Disqus
- 1,000 + have signed a petition protesting US government plan to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Vietnam War
- Historian and raconteur Raychauduri dies in UK
- Group is drawing attention to the historic swath between Gettysburg and Monticello
- Conference delves into effects of climate change on native people
- History professor says the Vikings never came to Newfoundland