Nelson Mandela to remain at birthplace indefinitely
Nelson Mandela, the former South African president, is to remain at his birthplace, his rural home in the Eastern Cape indefinitely, his family have confirmed.
The 93-year-old flew to Qunu ahead of his birthday last week along with his wife Graca and a phalanx of doctors and staff.
His family have confirmed that he asked to remain there and will not now return to his home in Houghton, Johannesburg as was expected....
comments powered by Disqus
- Biographer of a Progressive reformer says it's odd reading stories about inequality in the news every day
- Dutch sociologist says that what is new about mass killing is that we’re embarrassed by it
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Convicted felon Conrad Black has a new book out
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830