Human remains found at Caithness Iron Age broch siteBreaking News
Human remains including parts of a skull and leg bones have been found during an archaeological dig at an Iron Age site in Caithness.
The police and procurator fiscal service have been notified of the finds at Thrumster, near Wick, as normal procedure by archaeologists.
The remains have still to be radiocarbon dated to determine how old they are.
Ancient human remains have previously been uncovered in Caithness....
comments powered by Disqus
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Yale students protest decision to keep Calhoun’s name
- Six maps that will make you rethink the world
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service
- Historians are now trying to show that the gay revolution also took place in the midwest
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"