JFK miniseries gets Emmy nods
Hollywood doesn't know Jack.
"The Kennedys," the miniseries that was rejected by numerous networks until a St. Paul-based company scooped it up, received 10 Emmy nominations Thursday, including a nod for best miniseries or movie.
It was the payoff to a gamble taken by Hubbard Broadcasting's ReelzChannel, which had previously never been a factor in the Emmy race. Stan E. Hubbard, CEO of the company, invested $10 million in an ad campaign, more than Reelz had ever spent in an entire year.
In addition to a nod in the top category, Greg Kinnear (who played JFK) will compete for outstanding actor in a movie, and Tom Wilkinson was recognized in the supporting-actor race....
comments powered by Disqus
- Martin Kramer blasts MESA and Steven Salaita
- L.A. schools adopt history curriculum from Stanford University
- Raleigh Trevelyan, Chronicler of a Notable Family, Dies at 91
- Former spokesman of B.C. anti-immigration group wants UBC history prof fired
- Harvard's Steven Shapin Wins History of Science Award