York mass grave skeletons were Civil War soldiersBreaking News
Mass graves found in York contained the skeletons of English Civil War soldiers, according to a new investigation.
Mass graves containing 113 male skeletons were unearthed just outside the city walls in 2008.
It is thought the men had fought for the Parliamentarians during the siege of York in 1644.
An investigation for the BBC series History Cold Case has concluded the men probably died from typhus fever.
The programme features a team from the Centre of Anatomy and Human Identification at the University of Dundee....
comments powered by Disqus
- Craig Shirley says Ted Cruz is right and the Huffington Post wrong about Ronald Reagan’s 1980 Presidential Campaign
- Mystery at Notre Dame: A priest-historian has been forced to back off a project promoting authentic Catholic education
- William & Mary launching a gay history project
- "I teach the largest gay and lesbian history class in the country."
- Another year of declines in history enrollments