York mass grave skeletons were Civil War soldiersBreaking News
Mass graves found in York contained the skeletons of English Civil War soldiers, according to a new investigation.
Mass graves containing 113 male skeletons were unearthed just outside the city walls in 2008.
It is thought the men had fought for the Parliamentarians during the siege of York in 1644.
An investigation for the BBC series History Cold Case has concluded the men probably died from typhus fever.
The programme features a team from the Centre of Anatomy and Human Identification at the University of Dundee....
comments powered by Disqus
- Watch Robert Kennedy Push Gun Control In Same Town As Recent Mass Shooting
- October is LGBT History Month
- Textbook publisher apologizes for passage referring to slavery as immigration
- 60 Minutes interviews the priest who’s made it his mission to expose the forgotten victims of the Holocaust
- ISIS Destroys Triumphal Arches in Palmyra, Syria
- Finally some good news for history grads
- Historians issue statement in support of European migrants
- Conservative historian Arthur Herman slammed for saying Obama is highly submissive to Putin and other strong leaders
- Intellectual historians to gather in October
- Yuri N. Afanasyev, Historian Who Repudiated Communism, Dies at 81