Nazi War Crime Suspect Dies at 98
VIENNA (AP) — Authorities say a suspected Nazi war criminal sought by Croatia has died at 98 in Austria.
They say Milivoj Asner died Tuesday at a home for the aged in the southern city of Klagenfurt.
Austrian authorities had said Asner, a naturalized Austrian citizen, suffers from dementia and was not healthy enough to be extradited to Croatia for trial on alleged atrocities....
comments powered by Disqus
- Climate of Change: The Catholic Church's Dance With Science
- Sacrificed Humans Discovered Among Prehistoric Tombs
- Nazis Triumph Over Communists in Ukraine
- Obits for Happy Rockefeller blamed her for his political decline. Don’t believe it.
- Historian investigates claim that Bugsy Siegel wanted to kill Goring
- NYT hosts debate including Eric Foner: How Americans should remember Reconstruction
- William Leuchtenburg says historians and the media have been too hard on Obama
- Hugh Ambrose, historian who helped develop WWII Museum, dead at 48
- Historian discounts claim that Churchill and other British PM's were gay
- Nick Bunker Wins $50,000 2015 George Washington Book Prize