Nazi War Crime Suspect Dies at 98Breaking News
VIENNA (AP) — Authorities say a suspected Nazi war criminal sought by Croatia has died at 98 in Austria.
They say Milivoj Asner died Tuesday at a home for the aged in the southern city of Klagenfurt.
Austrian authorities had said Asner, a naturalized Austrian citizen, suffers from dementia and was not healthy enough to be extradited to Croatia for trial on alleged atrocities....
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Historian Benjamin Madley says what whites did to Indians in the 19th century in California was genocide.
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)