Clinton Honors Embassy Bombing Victims
DAR ES SALAAM, Tanzania — Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton on Sunday honored those killed in the bombings in 1998 of the American Embassies here and in Kenya, a day after the authorities confirmed the death of the feared operative from Al Qaeda who masterminded the attacks.
“We have not forgotten your losses,” Mrs. Clinton told diplomats and employees at the embassy here, built after the attacks, which killed more than 200 people, including 12 Americans. She spoke after laying flowers in front of a stone memorial for the dead, accompanied by three Tanzanians who survived the bombing....
The mastermind of the bombings, Fazul Abdullah Mohammed, Al Qaeda’s leader in East Africa, was killed in a late-night shootout on Tuesday at a military checkpoint in Mogadishu, Somalia’s capital....
comments powered by Disqus
- National Security Archive Sues State Department Over Kissinger Telephone Messages
- White House March to stop ISIS from destroying what remains of Mesopotamian Civilization
- Scholars, Writers and Thinkers Call for Academic Freedom in Thailand
- Stanford’s Ian Morris says technology is changing the human animal
- Yale historian traces the establishment of slavery plantations to a taste for sugar