Ratko Mladic fit to be extraditedBreaking News
Ratko Mladic, the Bosnian Serb wartime general, is fit to be extradited to the United Nations war crimes tribunal in The Hague and has until Monday to appeal, a judge at a special Serbian war crimes court has said.
"Mladic's lawyer was delivered the extradition papers and he has until Monday to appeal," judge Maja Kovacevic said.
He said Mladic had been examined by a medical commission "which has determined he is fit for further proceedings".
Europe's most-wanted man was arrested in the early hours of Thursday in a village in northern Serbia ended a 16-year manhunt. He made a first court appearance in Belgrade later the same day.
But there were immediate questions over whether the 69-year-old Bosnian Serb was fit to stand trial after he claimed to be ill....
comments powered by Disqus
- Unilateral U.S. nuclear pullback in 1991 matched by rapid Soviet cuts
- More Historians Come Out for Trump
- History lesson horrifies parent: Blacks used to have ‘strong work ethic’ during slavery
- Philippines President Compares Himself To Hitler in Anti-Crime Rant
- U.S. Extradites Baltimore Professor to Rwanda to Stand Trial for Genocide