Ratko Mladic fit to be extraditedBreaking News
Ratko Mladic, the Bosnian Serb wartime general, is fit to be extradited to the United Nations war crimes tribunal in The Hague and has until Monday to appeal, a judge at a special Serbian war crimes court has said.
"Mladic's lawyer was delivered the extradition papers and he has until Monday to appeal," judge Maja Kovacevic said.
He said Mladic had been examined by a medical commission "which has determined he is fit for further proceedings".
Europe's most-wanted man was arrested in the early hours of Thursday in a village in northern Serbia ended a 16-year manhunt. He made a first court appearance in Belgrade later the same day.
But there were immediate questions over whether the 69-year-old Bosnian Serb was fit to stand trial after he claimed to be ill....
comments powered by Disqus
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”