Ratko Mladic fit to be extraditedBreaking News
Ratko Mladic, the Bosnian Serb wartime general, is fit to be extradited to the United Nations war crimes tribunal in The Hague and has until Monday to appeal, a judge at a special Serbian war crimes court has said.
"Mladic's lawyer was delivered the extradition papers and he has until Monday to appeal," judge Maja Kovacevic said.
He said Mladic had been examined by a medical commission "which has determined he is fit for further proceedings".
Europe's most-wanted man was arrested in the early hours of Thursday in a village in northern Serbia ended a 16-year manhunt. He made a first court appearance in Belgrade later the same day.
But there were immediate questions over whether the 69-year-old Bosnian Serb was fit to stand trial after he claimed to be ill....
comments powered by Disqus
- Donald Trump Is Wrong on Mosul Attack, Military Experts Say
- Emmett Till memorial sign is riddled with bullet holes and has been repeatedly vandalized
- Posthumous pardons law may see Oscar Wilde exonerated
- Has an Election Ever Been Rigged in U.S. History?
- A short history of white people rigging elections
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller
- Does the 'Father' of the 1948 Ethnic Cleansing Narrative Really Want to Recant His Words?
- Max Boot wants to know “what the hell happened to my Republican Party?"