Ratko Mladic fit to be extraditedBreaking News
Ratko Mladic, the Bosnian Serb wartime general, is fit to be extradited to the United Nations war crimes tribunal in The Hague and has until Monday to appeal, a judge at a special Serbian war crimes court has said.
"Mladic's lawyer was delivered the extradition papers and he has until Monday to appeal," judge Maja Kovacevic said.
He said Mladic had been examined by a medical commission "which has determined he is fit for further proceedings".
Europe's most-wanted man was arrested in the early hours of Thursday in a village in northern Serbia ended a 16-year manhunt. He made a first court appearance in Belgrade later the same day.
But there were immediate questions over whether the 69-year-old Bosnian Serb was fit to stand trial after he claimed to be ill....
comments powered by Disqus
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Does Melania Trump know what plagiarism is?
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history