Srebrenica: Worst European atrocity since WWIIBreaking News
It is now remembered as the worst atrocity in Europe since World War II.
In a five-day orgy of slaughter at Srebrenica in July 1995, up to 8,000 Muslims were systematically exterminated in what was described at the U.N. war crimes tribunal as "the triumph of evil."
Former Bosnian Serb commander-in-chief General Ratko Mladic, who is accused of direct involvement in the genocide at Srebrenica, was arrested on Thursday after more than 15 years on the run.
In 1995, Srebrenica was designated a U.N. "safe area."
A judge at The Hague tribunal was later to describe what happened there as "truly scenes from hell written on the darkest pages of human history."...
comments powered by Disqus
- Black Death maps reveal how the plague devastated medieval Britain
- Bernie Sanders picks Cornel West to help write Democratic platform
- Trump is empowering anti-Semites, Holocaust deniers, and White nationalists
- The First Time a Plane Was Bombed
- Female World War II Pilots Can Now Have Their Ashes at Arlington National Cemetery