Ratko Mladic arrested: International reactionBreaking News
International reaction after former Bosnian Serb military commander Ratko Mladic was arrested 15 years after his indictment for war crimes:
FRENCH PRESIDENT NICOLAS SARKOZY
"It is very good news and it is a very courageous decision by the Serbian president. It is one more step towards Serbia's integration one day into the European Union."
UN SECRETARY GENERAL BAN KI-MOON
"This an historic day for international justice. It marks an important step in our will to end impunity. I thank the Serbian government and president for their efforts."...
comments powered by Disqus
- Oxford students to get exam on non-white, non-European history
- This is why presidents want back channels and how it can go wrong
- Few in St. Louis Knew Confederate Memorial Existed. Now, Many Want It Gone.
- This is why presidents want backchannels and how it can go wrong
- Trump Angled for Soviet Posting In the 1980s
- Ken Burns argues that Vietnam is to be blame for much of our current alienation and polarization
- No, Israel Is Not a Democracy
- Drew Gilpin Faust discusses free speech in Harvard commencement address (video)
- General McMaster, Step Down—and Let Trump Be Trump
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election