London 2012: Is the Olympic Torch Relay Nazi in Origin?Breaking News
An Olympic torch relay will run for 70 days ahead of the London 2012 Olympic Games. So what is this relay, and why all the fuss?
"It is an utterly thrilling thing to do," says Philip Barker.
The Olympic historian and author has a lump in the throat just at the memory of running, torch clasped in his hand, high in the Taygetos mountains above Sparta, Greece.
He was a part of the torch relay, the human-powered running feat that bore the flame on its journey from its source, Olympia, to the Atlanta Games in 1996....
comments powered by Disqus
- Scientists Hope to Learn How Pompeians Lived, Before the Big Day
- Watch Robert Kennedy Push Gun Control In Same Town As Recent Mass Shooting
- October is LGBT History Month
- Textbook publisher apologizes for passage referring to slavery as immigration
- 60 Minutes interviews the priest who’s made it his mission to expose the forgotten victims of the Holocaust
- National History Day Helps 600,000 Kids Bring the Past to Life
- Finally some good news for history grads
- Historians issue statement in support of European migrants
- Conservative historian Arthur Herman slammed for saying Obama is highly submissive to Putin and other strong leaders
- Intellectual historians to gather in October