United Apologizes for Reusing 9/11 Flight Numbers
United Airlines is apologizing for briefly restarting use of flight numbers of two planes that crashed after being hijacked on Sept. 11, 2001.
United spokesman Rahsaan Johnson says the airline regrets the recent use of flight numbers 93 and 175, and has taken steps to remove the numbers from the airline’s computer system.
Johnson says the flight numbers probably went back into use just in the past few days, and he attributes it to a technical error.
The union representing United flight attendants has come out with a statement objecting to the reuse of the numbers....
comments powered by Disqus
- Archaeologists Take Wrong Turn, Find World’s Oldest Stone Tools
- Evidence of Pre-Columbus Trade Found in Alaska House
- Rwanda Pullout Driven by Clinton White House, U.N. Equivocation
- Centuries of Italian History Are Unearthed in Quest to Fix Toilet
- The U.S. Discovery of Israel's Secret Nuclear Project