On Other Websites: Week of April 25, 2011
#1 David Nash: Royal Pomp and Middle Class Circumstance
#2 John J. Pitney, Jr.: FDR's Birthers
#3 Philip Zelikow: America Must Regain the Initiative Abroad
#4 Timothy Garton Ash: Royal Wedding: Save the Throne
#5 Francis Fukuyama: Political Order in Egypt
#6 Michael Kazin: The Trouble With Independents
#7 Mark LeVine: Mirage and Reality in the Arab Spring
#8 Hendrik Hertzberg: Tomlinson and Trump
#9 Jonathan Zimmerman: Donald Trump, the 'Birthers,' and the GOP's Moment of Truth
#10 Elena Maria Vidal: Whittaker Chambers's Grandson Sets the Record Straight
comments powered by Disqus
- Richmond split over Confederate history
- The World's Jewish Population Is Nearing Pre-Holocaust Levels
- Bernie Sanders’s Revolutionary Roots Were Nurtured in ’60s Vermont
- NYT says a woman should replace Jackson on the $20 bill.
- Jon Stewart draws attention to proposal to rename Mt. McKinley in honor of Native Americans
- Did a historian who said he’s a victim of McCarthyism get the story wrong?
- Stephanie Coontz’s work on the history of marriage cited by the Supreme Court.
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- David Hackett Fischer wins $100,000 prize for lifetime achievement in military writing