Geronimo's tribe seeks apology
The leader of Apache warrior Geronimo's tribe is asking President Barack Obama for a formal apology for the government's use of the revered figure's moniker as a code name for Osama bin Laden.
Fort Sill Apache Tribal Chairman Jeff Houser sent a letter to the president Tuesday, saying equating the legendary Apache warrior to a "mass murderer and cowardly terrorist" was painful and offensive to all Native Americans.
The letter was posted Wednesday morning on the Oklahoma tribe's website.
comments powered by Disqus
- Evidence of Pre-Columbus Trade Found in Alaska House
- Rwanda Pullout Driven by Clinton White House, U.N. Equivocation
- Centuries of Italian History Are Unearthed in Quest to Fix Toilet
- The U.S. Discovery of Israel's Secret Nuclear Project
- At Auschwitz-Birkenau, Preserving a Site and a Ghastly Inventory