Energy plant to border Civil War siteBreaking News
FREDERICK, Md., April 25 (UPI) -- A waste-to-energy plant will loom over a Civil War battlefield in Maryland already cut in two by an interstate highway, a National Parks Service official says.
The battle of Monocacy was fought near Frederick, Md., in July 1864 as Union troops tried to stop a Confederate advance on Washington. The Union lost the battle but delayed the enemy long enough for reinforcements to be sent to the capital....
comments powered by Disqus
- African American museum’s fundraising touches deep history among donors
- Black Death maps reveal how the plague devastated medieval Britain
- Bernie Sanders picks Cornel West to help write Democratic platform
- Trump is empowering anti-Semites, Holocaust deniers, and White nationalists
- The First Time a Plane Was Bombed