Energy plant to border Civil War siteBreaking News
FREDERICK, Md., April 25 (UPI) -- A waste-to-energy plant will loom over a Civil War battlefield in Maryland already cut in two by an interstate highway, a National Parks Service official says.
The battle of Monocacy was fought near Frederick, Md., in July 1864 as Union troops tried to stop a Confederate advance on Washington. The Union lost the battle but delayed the enemy long enough for reinforcements to be sent to the capital....
comments powered by Disqus
- Thomas Jefferson Wrote What? Carson’s Constitutional Misstep
- Agriculture Linked to DNA Changes in Ancient Europe
- A Century Ago, Einstein’s Theory of Relativity Changed Everything
- At Princeton, Woodrow Wilson, a Heralded Alum, Is Recast as an Intolerant One
- Fact-checking Trump's claim that thousands in New Jersey cheered when World Trade Center tumbled