WWII hand grenade found on North Yorkshire beachBreaking News
A hand grenade from World War II which was found on a beach in North Yorkshire has been removed.
The device was found on Filey Beach near Royal Parade at about 1100 BST by a member of the public who was using a metal detector.
North Yorkshire Police said the south side of the beach was evacuated until about 1430 BST.
The Army Bomb Disposal Team attended the incident but said the device did not need to be detonated....
comments powered by Disqus
- At Brandis the Afro-American studies faculty is siding with student protesters
- NYT's Notable Books of 2015: These are the history books that made the cut
- Petition signed by 44,000 to add more female thinkers to the Politics A Level syllabus in the UK
- Most Students Have No Clue What Accurate Native American History Looks Like
- Historians Re-Enter Presidential Studies