WWII hand grenade found on North Yorkshire beachBreaking News
A hand grenade from World War II which was found on a beach in North Yorkshire has been removed.
The device was found on Filey Beach near Royal Parade at about 1100 BST by a member of the public who was using a metal detector.
North Yorkshire Police said the south side of the beach was evacuated until about 1430 BST.
The Army Bomb Disposal Team attended the incident but said the device did not need to be detonated....
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian James Harris says Russian archives show we’ve misunderstood Stalin
- The Invisible Labor of Women’s Studies
- Lincoln University historian mourns decision to abolish the history major
- Hamilton College conservative historian questions diversity requirement
- Historians on Donald Trump: A Huge Hit on Facebook