UK marks Anzac Day with servicesBreaking News
New Zealand's prime minister has taken part in UK services to mark Anzac Day, in memory of the New Zealanders and Australians who died at war.
The date marks the ill-fated landing of the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps at Gallipoli in Turkey in 1915.
John Key laid a wreath at the Australian War Memorial at a dawn service in London's Hyde Park.
Events are also taking place at the National Memorial Arboretum in Staffordshire and in Edinburgh.
The annual dawn ceremony at the Australian War Memorial in Hyde Park was followed by a wreath-laying ceremony at the New Zealand Memorial. The service was also attended by children from a school in Christchurch, New Zealand....
comments powered by Disqus
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Transcribed Document: Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity