Column: What Would We Do Without Albania?
The Bush administration's pathology of deception continues unabated. Its most recent outbreak of conning the already conned public is the claim that the United States' illegal, virtually unilateral and unprovoked military aggression against Iraq is but a partial expression of widespread international accord. France, singularly, is made out to be the global bad guy and martial party pooper; not the world's majority voice of opposition to America's depraved conduct abroad.
Why shoot, says the administration, we've got allies up to our eyeballs. The count has, at times, been a bit fuzzy -- how odd for this customarily precise White House when it comes to mathematics, especially on fiscal policy -- with diverse officials spouting diverse numbers. Aside from today's principal party line of 45 allies (which really means 30, because one-third, in a display of true solidarity with the U.S., prefer to pretend they've never heard of us), we have also been treated to allied counts of 35 and 40. In any case, all the estimates are within a comfortable 33-percent margin of error, a considerable improvement over the administration's budget forecasts.
Whatever the actual count, which includes the conveniently anonymously committed, 30 nations have been so bold as to raise their hands and be named. And a few of them have gone even farther. As we all know, allied Britain has promised the greatest number of troops -- ultimately 45,000 -- coming in at 12.9 percent of total "coalition" forces expected in Iraq. That's the good news. The bad news -- as some naysaying leftists such as columnists Robert Novak and Paul Craig Roberts might characterize it -- is that after Britain's contribution, 302,548 troops are still needed.
But not to worry. The leftover manpower burden doesn't all rest on the United States' shoulders. Indeed, because Dick, Donnie and Colin have taken the good time and trouble to amass the redoubtable "Coalition of the Willing," allies other than Britain are committing 0.00842 percent of the necessary troop balance, leaving the United States to compensate for only 99.991 percent of the shortfall. Perhaps these black-and-white statistics from the U.S. State Department will silence, once and for all, those whiners critical of the war as mostly an American ballgame.
For instance our traditional ally, Albania, is sending a contingency of 70 troops. Poland is anteing 200 troops and Romania, not to be outdone by a bunch of Poles, is raising the 200 by 78 more. That's the kind of good-natured competition and can-do spirit that will see us through these troubled times.
Australia promises 2000 troops. And that rounds out the Willing Coalition list; members willing enough, that is, to commit ground forces. Other much-touted coalition brothers include Spain, where a resounding 14 percent of the population has a favorable image of the U.S. and whose leadership has offered 0 troops; Turkey, 0; Italy, 0; Denmark, 0; and powerhouse Bulgaria, 0. Hitler's foreign policy had better luck attracting allies.
A few other less-touted coalition members are downright comical in description and symbolic of just how desperate the Bush administration has been to inflate its allied support.
Eritrea, for example, is one of the gang of 30. Its Gross Domestic Product is 0.00031 percent of the United States', and its per capita GDP -- you really have to work to accomplish something like this -- is less than Afghanistan's. Though zero Eritreans will be marching off to the Iraqi War, the little nation devotes a whopping 19.8 percent of its miniscule GDP to military expenditures (ours is 3.2). Such a shocking waste of resources is, however, easily explained. Eritrea is experiencing a frightful territorial dispute with another Willing Coalition member, Ethiopia, which, hard as it is to imagine, actually ranks less than Eritrea in per capita GDP. The only reason both nations bothered to enlist as absentee warriors against Iraq is that both are currying favor with the U.S. as leverage in a land-conflict resolution.
For mostly obvious reasons the coalition list excludes America's closest Middle East ally, Israel; which, by the way, between 1967 and 2000 stood in violation of twice the number of U.N. Security Council resolutions than Iraq earned for itself in the same period. But again, not to worry, because George Jr. has a "road map" to a comprehensive Mideast peace. The first step is a U.S. invasion of a Muslim country. That should help grease the skids.
Last week, in a cable-network news interview, a retired U.S. general said yeah, sure, we call the assault on Iraq a coalition product, but let's face it, this is America's fight. Just once -- just to break the monotony of deception, if nothing else -- it would be nice to hear the administration be as honest. Just once.
© Copyright 2003 P. M. Carpenter
Mr. Carpenter's column is published weekly by History News Network and buzzflash.com.
comments powered by Disqus
clarence willard swinney - 3/11/2005
One congressman states that increasing the Cap to $200,000 will solve the problem.
90 to 200=$110,000.
6.2% X $110,000=$6820 per year=$131 per week.
Add on business and it is $262 per week.
The ones who will pay the increase are ones who got big tax cut so it is Tip Money out of the gift from Bush.
Charles F. Carpenter - 7/29/2003
I'm reading the works of P.M. Carpenter-for the 1st time..I am also working with a local talk show host who recently got DUMPED from KDWN-AM here in Las Vegas...Doug Basham's only "crime" was telling the truth!!! The NEO- Conservatives at KDWN are/were so far to the right-that a caller got near the "B" word--it was "click" and "thank you for your call."!!!!! The sad part is that there are more of these thugs in radio/tv and so few get an opportunity to get near the media to tell the truth..If they do they are called "liberals",.,.It worked for the Nazi's,,,its working here..Hang in there. A new Fan...Charles F. Carpenter
Wiliam McTernan - 3/25/2003
The Bush administration's pathology of deception continues unabated. Its most recent outbreak of conning
the already conned public is the claim that the United States' illegal, virtually unilateral and unprovoked
military aggression against Iraq is but a partial expression of widespread international accord. France,
singularly, is made out to be the global bad guy and martial party pooper; not the world's majority voice of
opposition to America's depraved conduct abroad.
Yes, but how does Mr. Carpenter really feel about the president. Why does he beat around the bush?
clarence swinney - 3/25/2003
--------------------------RONALD REAGAN RECORDS AS FIRST---------------------------
(Peggy Noonan pay attention)
1.First to turn America into a DEBTOR nation.
2. First to increase DEBT faster than growth of national income
3. First to increase DEBT faster than growth of gdp.
4. First to double the DEFICIT
5. First to “almost”: triple the national DEBT
6. First to increase SPENDING by 80%--in only 8 years.
7. First to SPEND more in eight years than was spent in prior 50 years.
8. First to have “real” INTEREST RATES of 8% after averaging 1% over 35 years.
9. First to keep PRIME INTEREST RATES at 20%.
10.First to over value the yen to the DOLLAR at rate of 262 to 1.
11.First to have served as Governor and increase STATE SPENDING by 112%
12.First to have HOME LOAN INTEREST RATES as high as 16%
13. First to CUT TAXES by 60% for his rich pals
14. First to allow the SAVINGS AND LOAN INDUSTRY to be raided after signing a deregulatory bill and proclaiming “I think we have hit the jackpot”. Come and get it the vaults are unguarded.
15. First to deal with TERRORISTS
16. First to send an AUTOGRAPHED BIBLE to a man he called “The Satan of Terrorists”.
17. First to have an ADMIRAL plead the Fifth Amendment.
18. First to have a stealing, lying, gutless wife abusing MARINE LT. COLONEL plead the Fifth Amendment.
19. First to have a “sitting” CABINET MEMBER INDICTED
20. First to have an ASSISTANT SECRETARY OF STATE INDICTED.
21. First to have an ASSISTANT SECRETARY OF DEFENSE SENT TO PRISON.
22. First to have over 100 MEMBERS OF AN ADMINISTRATION CHARGED WITH CRIMES..
23. First to have more members of his administration charged with crimes than CUMULATIVE TOTAL OF ALL OTHER PRESIDENTS in the twentieth century
24. First to set a record for the LARGEST ONE DAY PERCENTAGE DECLINE in the DOW in history. 10-19-87
25. First to have over $10,000,000 INCREASE IN WEALTH from serving for 8 years as president.
26. First to testify ”under oath” 130 times that ”I DON’T REMEMBER” .
27. First to have an Admiral with a photographic memory testify 128 times “ I DON’T REMEMBER”.
28. First to undergo BRAIN SURGERY a few months after leaving office. No pain no gain.
29. First to, repeatedly, FALSIFY HIS WIFE’S AGE. As tho anyone cared.
30. First to promote his religious faith and never have an ACTIVE CHURCH MEMBERSHIP.
31. First to never use the term JESUS CHRIST in speeches.
32. First to seek GUIDANCE FROM THE STARS not form God
33. First to have had a SHOTGUN WEDDING.
34. First to have worked as a SHILL in Las Vegas.
35. First to call a Stealing, Lying, Psychotic, wife abusing Marine a “LIAR.
36. First to have been OPENLY ALIENATED from his children.
37. First To have served with ALZHIMERS
38. First to have UNEMPLOYMENT AT 10.8% since great depression.
39. First to attack a small unprotected nation with 88,000 inhabitants and 10,000 bb guns then PROCLAIM -“America stands tall again”— “we have whipped the Vietnam Syndrome”-we have defeated communism”. Gosh! What if we had whipped Cyprus?.
40. #1-in FARM FORECLOSURES
41. #1-In BANK FAILURES
42. #1-In SAVINGS AND LOAN FAILURES
43. #1-In Percent increase in PERSONAL BANKRUPTCIES
44. #1-In recorded MISSTATEMENTS
45. #1-In never having a single press conference in which he did not make at least one or more INCORRECT STATEMENTS.
46. #1-In needing a staff person standby during press conferences to tell the press “WHAT HE REALLY MEANT”.
47. #1-In having SERVICEMEN KILLED during peacetime.
48. #1-In largest DROP IN POPULARITY in one week.
49. #1-In being first to HONOR NAZI STORM TROOPERS by calling them” Innocent Victims”
50. #1-In being first to be labeled “BRAIN DEAD AFFABLE DUNCE’ by this writer.
51. First to lie-over and over-to reporters “I DO NOT DYE MY HAIR my barber uses a special shampoo”
52. First to have a wife who ”forced” him to WEAR THREE SUITS in one day
53. First to boast “Not bad for a DUMB GUT who worked only 20 hours per week”.
54. First to have his wife sit nearby and WHISPER ANSWERS to questions
55. First to FALL ASLEEP while the Pope spoke
56. First to invite the Pope to visit the White House and “BRING THE WIFE AND KIDS”
57. First to have his press secretary remove him from the microphone because he could not answer questions. Then, as the reporter
yelled out “answer my question” he replied “MY HANDLERS WON’T LET ME SPEAK”. Quick get the white coat.
58. First 20th Century president to have historians RATE HIM BELOW every president of the 20th except for Richard Nixon. 1994 Poll.
59. First to give us a First Lady with a past reputation for giving the BEST BJ in Hollywood.
60. First to suggest his eldest son undergo PSYCHIATRIC examination
61. First to have been voted in British polls (twice) as the ”MOST FEARED LEADER IN THE WORLD” sic em Rambo.
62. First to serve as Governor on a ”conservative” platform and INCREASE SPENDING BY 112%.
63. First Governor TO INCREASE personal income taxes by 60%, tax increase on cigarettes by 200%, state tax collections by 152%.
64. First to have a Special Assistant say on national TV “sometimes you had to HIT HIM ON THE HEAD with a 2 x 4 to get his attention”
65. First to have his official biographer state on national TV ‘After he was shot in 1981he GOT SLOWER AND SLOWER EACH YEAR. His speech got slower. He deliberated more and he hesitated more when he spoke. He lost his physical quickness and would not make decisions on the spot. It was a very, very slow and steady mental and physical decline”.
66. First to have a POPULARITY RATING OF ONLY 35% after his first two years in office.
67. First president to have been DIVORCED
68. First president to have the Geriatrics Department of a major
university study his behavior and conclude that AFTER THREE YEARS IN OFFICE HE HAD ALZHIMERS.
clarence swinney - 3/25/2003
will you tell he people?WAFFLE HOUSE------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“I say what I mean and mean what I say”
“Promises made-Promises kept”
“When I make up my mind it stays made up”
“I do not take cues from anyone”
“You can’t say one thing and do another”
“Trust me I’m a straight shooter”
1.Osama Bin Laden is my number one priority. (at least this week)
2. We need an Office of Strategic Influence (Next decade maybe)
3. I will follow the UN Resolution as long as it takes-10-27-02
10-31-02—The UN needs to act now
2-13-03—The UN needs to show courage (like I did during Vietnam.)
4. I am a strong believer in Fair Trade—(except steel and softwood lumber) (votes first)
Ed Crane—Co-Founder and President of The Cato Institute-“Everything this
administration does is political”
5, We do not need for the Homeland Security Department to be a Cabinet position.
I made up my mind on it. Boston Globe—6-9-02 “Bush Flip Flop”
6. I will get Osama Bin Laden “Dead or Alive”—(go get em cowboy)—5-13-02-(“I don’t know where he is, I have no idea and I really don’t care.) (It’s not that important. It’s not out first priority”) (“I say what I mean”). (“When I make up my mind it stays made up”).
7. I will use the bully pulpit with OPEC. (Sic em bulldog my gas now 1.65 per gallon)
Supply went down and Prices went up and (“This is just the Free Market at Work”)
8. I will never apologize to the Chinese for “stealing our plane”. Please guys! Be nice.
Return our plane. “I regret it”
9. I mean what I say—“We can expect an attack”. Each month warning. When BOY?
10. Wash. Post-2-8-03—Bush seeking a promise from IRAN (Evil) for humanitarian help
in event a slaughter is done in Afghan. (Sounds like Reagan?)
11. NYT-1-23-03—Bush (Man of steel will) “rescinding” a new policy that allowed
managed care organizations to limit and restrict coverage of emergency services for poor people on Medicaid.
12. We will not negotiate with North Korea. Wash Post 1-16-03—Bush is now willing to consider agricultural and energy aid. (Hold on! This is EVIL of axis)
13. Individual investors who borrow money to buy dividend paying stocks should be penalized.(Gosh! What did I say—I did not mean it) NYT 2-5-03
14. I mean what I say until yelling starts. Military pay increase of 2% then 4%.
Stars & Stripes-12-30-02—Bush asked Defense Dept. to lower the announced pay raise for the military from 3.7% to 2%. Finally got 4 in 2004 budget.
15. “I am tired of all the Lying and Deception”—Amen! Hallelulah! Then stop it Boy.
16. I mean what I say—I am the education president. Please. First budget increased by 1,5% which had averaged 7% increase per year over five years. (Sounds like Clinton the Educated educator to me.)
17. Wash Post-12-2-02—In June 2002 Bush promised 500 Million to fight mother-child transmission of Aids . In Aug he vetoed the first transfer of the 500 million. In 111 days since his promise 222,000 babies have been infected with Aids. (I wonder if Jesus Christ is tossing in his bed)
18. “Secretary O’Neill is doing a good job. The economy is improving. I have faith in him”. (your faith lasts two weeks boy)
19. The Homeland Security Bio-Terrorism Bill is too expensive. I will veto it. An Ok is not a veto boy.
(I mean what I say” but maybe I will not this time.)
20. I do not approve of an Independent Investigation of 9-11. (“I mean what I say” but—yelling is too loud).
21. I am against international money laundering controls. (9-11—“I changed my steel mind”) They may catch daddy.
22. We will have major social security changes. Wash Post. 11-11-01—Andrew Card on Meet the Press on 11-10-02 “I am not sure we will reform it” This was a Centerpiece of his campaign..
23. 12-30-02—We will not tolerate a North Korean nuclear arsenal. (Act nice guys if you want our $$$)
24. We do not hit civilian targets(in Afghan). There is no evidence. (Red Cross building not civilian—Veterans Hospital is military—Warlord Party heading to Kabul to celebrate was armed with .22 rifles—Wedding Party was violent and firing in the air at our planes 20,000 feet above them)
25. Wash Posr-11-15-02—“If you are not happy with the administration’s policy toward Iraq at any given moment just wait a week or two. A new policy, more your liking, is bound to appear”.
A. Go it alone week
B. Let us wait for UN week
C. “regime change” is goal
D. remove wmd is goal
E. Secretary of State is nor speaking for the president
F. Attorney General is not speaking for the administration.
G. I am sick and tired of this waffling and waiting.
26. Steel Tariff—I really did not mean that much. I angered some people. Reduce it.
(When I make up my mind it stays made up)
27. Carbon Dioxide is a power plant pollutant I will control.. (Oh! It will be too costly to my energy contributors so forget it suckers—cough cough)
28. Reuters-6-26-02—‘I have confidence in the Palestinians when they understand we are saying they must make the right decisions”—“I can assure you we will not be putting money into a society which is not transparent and which is corrupt”.
(Was he referring to his administration? Sounds like it—transparent—corrupt)
29. I am against human cloning in any form. (well, not quite “any”)
30. “I knew nothing about dangers of 9-11”. Eight months later. “I knew a damn bunch (but I was too busy on Vacation and looking for more to blame on that President who stomped my dad. Darn it is tough being dumb, inarticulate and following such a brain and great success)
31. “I am in excellent physical condition.” (Darn, staying up till midnight in Paris zapped all my energy—Boy—try conditioning your mind))
32. I am on top of everything. (Why did you say twice on TV—“I am not in control the Pentagon is running the War (Afghan)—You have a White House base—same as Al Qaeda. Only more secretive)
33. I will veto bill increasing benefits for disabled military retirees (Yep!He was war hero.. 6-20-02 in Wash Post. I do not change my mind. Until 2004 Budget).
34. 6-14-02—released 23,653 of ”cherry picked” Reagan papers after refusing to do it. “When I make up my mind it stays made up” Is this BOY real ?”
35. I mean what I say—‘I will provide 100 million to help preserve the Rain Forest”
36. Budgeted funds for his dad’s Crusader cannon then demanded that Congress kill the big sucker.
37. Airline Security is very important to me. Then, why did you fight so hard to keep guns out of cockpits?
38. Barred part-time Mexican and Canadian students from U.S. schools after 9-11. Then, after howls reversed his decision. “When I make up my mind”
39. Simon (candidate for Gov. of California). “He is a breath of fresh air.”
Bush sho hated that California Smog for he avoided Simon while in his presence.
40. “I will not engage in bailing out countries.” 30 billion to Brazil just a tip?
41. NY Times-Richard Stevenson-2-14-03—“Bush eases Ban on AIDS money to pro-abortion groups abroad.. What will he tell Falwell?
42. March 6—“We will call for a UN Security Council vote.” Geo. Bush
March 13—“There may be no vote” Colin Powell
43. NY TIMES-“Bush promises to adopt peace plan”. The Guardian-“Bush reversed his previous insistence that the Middle East Peace effort must wait till after Iraq (Slaughterama
44. NY TIMES--Edmund L. Andrwews-2-26-03—Less than a month after President Bush proposed a radical overhaul and expansion of individual retirement and savings account the White House has abandoned their idea. (“When I make up my mind it stays made up”) (“Promises made promises kept”) (I say what I mean and mean what I say”)
Who in heck is in charge of this Waffle House?
clarence swinney - 3/25/2003
Will you tell the people?CLARENCE SWINNEY INTRODUCTION TO LIST OF BUSH & STAFF LIES
DEFINE A LIE AS—AN INTENT TO DECEIVE—KEY WORD IS INTENT
For example, when Bill Clinton promised a Middle Class Tax Cut he did not lie for he intended to give one.
Yet he was castigated, unmercifully, by Republicans as having lied.
Some of my list can be so interpreted. It will be up to each individual to make the decision.
Bush definitely lied when he said he got a Patient’s Bill Of Rights passed in Texas. It was an intent to deceive.
When he said his 2001 Tax Cut went primarily to the lower income tax payers he lied. He knew the bottom 60% got15%. That is no majority Buster.
You make the decision. Bill Clinton was falsely accused of lying when he was not intending to deceive his
readers or listeners.
The All Time Liar is Mush Dimbaugh. He said FAIR listened to 4,000 hours of his transcripts and found 45 little errors. A Joke. When the audit by Fair is extrapolated it comes to 10,400 LIES. I assure you that given 4,000 hours of his junk I could easily find 10,000 to 20,000 LIES. Intents to Deceive.
I have many details but attempt to be as brief as possible for I assume that most of readers of this list will have
knowledge of each item.
Details of any item can be received by writing Clarence Swinney at P.O. Box 3411
Burlington NC-27215—Please quote me and help spread this information
FAIR & BALANCED—YOU DECIDE-------------------------------------------------
-----------------------BUSH & STAFF LIES-----
1. I passed a Patients Bill Of Rights as Governor
3. Compassionate Conservative
4. Action Administration
5. Al Gore lied on Internet
6. Al Gore lied on Love Canal
7. Al Gore lied on Love Story
8. Al Gore lied on Farm Work
9. Open Administration
10. I will protect the environment
11. I will retain regulations on CO2
12. Dad and I will be first two Environmental presidents
13. I will increase funding for libraries
14. I will Leave No Child behind—just the funding
15. I will be the Education President
16. I will restore Honor-Dignity-Integrity to the White House
17. I will continue to balance the budget
18. I will put Social Security in a Lock Box
19. I will increase the Pell Grant Maximum Award
20. My Tax Cuts will not create deficits even in a recession
21. I will fully fund LIHEAP—low income energy program
22. I will listen to sound science and “local” officials before deciding on Yucca Mountain
23. I will make higher education more accessible by helping students with costs.
24. My administration will have transparency
25. I am the type of person who will not change his mind once he makes it up.
This bozo best not read my long list of Waffles soon to be posted.
26. I have been to WAR
27. I will provide 20 Billion for World Trade center
28. I gave the citizens a Tax Refund. Loan not a refund. Democrats program.
29. Iran and North Korea have been allies against us.
30. Hear me once and hear me clear. Promises made are promises kept.
My Waffle list takes care of this very childish remark.
31. Saddam kicked inspectors out of Iraq. He ordered USA Spies to leave but stated over and over that others could stay.
32. I knew nothing about a possible attack. One of all time shameful lies. Eight months later Oh! I knew plenty.
33. We warned the FAA, Airlines and Pilots. Pilots interviewed said they were never warned.
34. Ashcroft—We captured a terrorist who was planning to plant dirty bombs.
35. Air Force I was under attack
36. I saw the first plane hit before I went into the classroom.
37. I will fully fund Low Income Housing Assistance
38. I will provide affordable prescription benefits for ”all” seniors
39. I will pay down a record amount of the federal debt. Up is down to this BOY.
40. The largest percentage increase in my budget is for education
41. Education will be my number one priority—after millionaires
42. I do not take cues from anyone. Except Karl, Karen and Dick. Is this boy mature or ?
43. Finding to Congress to slaughter Afghans. Lied by omission. No mention of removal of Taliban
44. I will not Nation Build
45. I do not need a Resolution from the UN. Too much yelling so better get one
46. Palm Beach County was a Pat Buchanan stronghold.
47. Clinton people did an estimated $200,000 damage to White House
48. Clinton people robbed Air Force I
49. Middle East slaughter is Clinton fault for working too hard for peace
50. North Korea restarting Nuke Program Clinton fault-- check for duplication
51. We have the strongest Military in history. Bubba, you performed miracles. You campaigned on it
being so weak.
52. I will be strict on federal spending. Except for millionaires in weapons manufacturing
53. Alabama Duty—I was there on a temporary assignment and fulfilled my weekends. Phantom boy.
54. Dan Bartlett—Bush spokesman—He pulled his drills in Alabama. Since he wasn’t flying he was
doing odds and ends under different supervisors whose names he cannot recall.
They can’t remember him either Danny boy.
55. I was no longer flying F-102 jets because they were being replaced by a different fighter..
56. Aide—He did not take a physical because his physician was in Houston and he was in Alabama.
Try again. Personal physician cannot give the examination.
57. After I completed flight training in 1970 I kept flying with my unit for the next several years.
Try 22 months Boy.
58. Cheney lied on Halliburton transactions with Iraq.
59. Immediately upon taking office I will transfer the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem..
60. I will Jawbone Opec to open the wells. Go get em Rambo.
61. I will have a humble foreign policy. I would dread seeing an arrogant one.
62. I will have a bipartisan administration. What would his partisan one look like
63. Sharon is a Man of Peace. Did you read history Boy.
64. I looked into Putin’s soul. Put this boy into x-ray business.
65. Paul O’Neill—I sold no Alcoa stock when I was CEO. Try 627,547 shares
66. Iraq has a fleet of unmanned planes which could be targeted at the United States.
This boy snorting again ? Let us see. It will take 2,000 refuelings to get here.
67. We have proof Al Queda has been involved with Iraq. Show it.
68. Elliott Abrams is a convicted liar. Right at home with this crowd.
69. John Poindexter is a convicted liar. He just cannot remember.
70. Karl Rove lied on Salvation Army deal.
71. I will put an end to permanent campaigning. I will do only six days each week.
72. I will not use polls. Just weekly.
73. Senator Baucus does not like free trade. He is an isolationist and protectionist.
74. The president did not try to intervene in the GE-Honeywell deal in England.
Well, maybe a little bit.
75. Mitch Daniels—biggie on Clinton night deposits. These guys born with evilness?
76. We will move on from Clinton. Except for Marc Rich.
77. U.S. air strikes in Iraq have been routine. Pentagon disagrees.
78. Majority of my tax cuts goes to lower income. Boy, 15% to lower 60% ain’t majority.
79. I am matching a trillion tax cut with a trillion cut in spending.
80. Harken Energy sale of sock—records show a deliberate lie
81. Dropping top rate from 39.6% to 33% will serve as a stimulus to 9.4 million
small business owners. Sho! Less than 5% pay top rate, Boy.
84. I will provide 100 million to preserve the Rain Forest. 87 million short.
Oh! I forgot you have a Business Degree form Harvard.
85. School Choice—In state of Washington he said “I stand behind school choice”.
Next stop was Concord NC. “I want to avoid some of the so called school choice issues
such as school vouchers for it would prompt an extended debate in congress”.
86. Iraq is updating their nuclear program for we can tell by them having aluminum pipes.
Experts say you are wrong boy.
87. Cheney:: ”You never save ammunition to use before an election.” Rove and Card said Oh Yes we do.
88. He was inspired by reading the masters. Well, Not exactly read them. We told him.
89. I read the EPA report. Ari :“He did not”. When Ari contradicts you it is trouble.
90. 90. Laura—“The federal records show divorce is down, weddings are up and families are coming together”
Sorry dear, you must have been looking at old records. Federal government no longer maintains
91. We did not support the Venezuelan coup
93. Anwar—only 2,000 acres will be disturbed
94. Presidential records—hiding them will make them more accessible. These guys real?
95. Ashcroft-We are able to respond to bio-terrorism attacks. Call 911.
96. Military—Help is on the way. .Sic em boys.
97. My daughter did not wear kahki’s to meet the Queen. Just a kahki jacket.
98. We have definite proof Osama Bin Laden was responsible for 9-11. If it is like Toby Blair’s ridiculous 35 page proof forget it.
99. I was never arrested.
100. We have an agreement, which will be the largest disposal of nuclear war heads in history.
Not if you use 2,200 you are putting into storage. Storing is not disposing boy
101.I believe in being held accountable. When we attacked Afghan why did you say “I’m not in charge the Pentagon is running the war”
103. Plants must conform to same environmental standards of regulations as in Texas.
Voluntary ain’t regulations boy.
104. My number one priority is Osama Bin Laden- dead or alive. Aw! What the heck he is irrelevant.
105. You coal miners will get help from me.
106. I got affirmative action rules in Texas. O=Nothing boy.
107. Admiral Quidly spokesman for Central Command in Afghan : We hit our targets miles away from homes.” Not according to eyewitnesses who saw friends homes take direct hits, Red Cross building, Vets hospital, wedding party, etc. Sorry Admiral. Ever hear of Admiral Poindexter? He train you?
108.Johnny Mike Spann was a hero and first patient of Afghan slaughter. No he was not. He was dead.
109. Ashcroft—550 prisoners—“It is against the law to release their names”. Three days later assistant attorney general Chertoff said “there is no specific law barring disclosure of names”.
110. Gonzales—Mary Francs Berry said he lied to her over seating a commissioner on her commission.
111. Mitch Daniels-Economic slow down is due to war on terror and not tax cut. When he made statement anti-terror was small part of spending.
112. Justice Department—Lied on number of arrests and convictions for terrorism. They loaded the report with garden variety crimes with no connection to terrorism.
113.Justice said man disrupting a flight was a “domestic terrorist”. The judge laughed at the charge and called
it “ridiculous”. He said it was an obvious case of a man being very upset at his treatment by airlines.
114. IAEA—Harpers Review—1-14-03—claimed the group had issued a report which did not exist. This boy brain scorched?
115. We will not become the police of the world. OK! Just judge, jury and executioner.
116. Gale Norton—“Governor Davis had a hand in approving offshore drilling”. Governor Davis called him a “Liar”.
117.Cheney said Tax Cut stimulated savings and investments. Proof. These boys are deep in voodoo jungle
118.AL Q is operating in Kashmir section of Pakistan. Strong denial by Pakistan so waffled away saying well we thought they were there. We had a gut feeling.
119.We should not execute anyone who is mentally retarded. Trying to save himself just in case. Executed two with IQ under 70. His ball park.
120.Cheney—In order to meet our future electrical needs we need to build one plant per week. A cutback.
121. I got the first major energy policy in history. Ever see Jimmy Carter mad. He was. Very much.
122. The sleepovers in the Texas State House were family. Oh! They gave 2.1 million to your campaign?
123. I have been off alcohol since I met Billy Graham. That video all
over the internet showing you stoned at a wedding reception in 1992 was magic? 124. Mitch Daniels—The 2003 budget was built on very conservative and cautious assumptions.
124. Mitch Daniels-The 2003 budget was built on very conservative and cautious assumptions
125. OMB—appropriations of domestic programs are, or will be, the cause of long term budget problems.
126. OMB-deficits will drop significantly between 2002 and 2003
127. OMB-in it’s mid-year review it claimed the Senate domestic budget plan would reduce the president’s defense request for the 2003 budget The Senate plan included the presidents full request and OMB knew it. Why lie? These boys take the cake.
128. Padilla—Ashcroft had to reverse his claim of capturing a terrorist who was planning bio-chemical attack on us. These guys lie just to lie? They are making Reagan’s people look honest.
129. Bush claimed Al Q was planning to attack U.S. nuclear plants. No proof yet. Just spreading fear
130. Photo-op in Arizona during wildfires. ”We will help”. Still waiting.
131.Wolfowitz—We found a terrorist cell in Jacksonville, Florida. Jacksonville leaders said prove it.
Sorry guys just my gut feeling
132.Photo-op in Oregon at training center. “I will help”. A week later his budget came out cutting such training programs by 45 million.
133. Harken Energy---records show blatant lies
134. I will veto bio-terrorism bill it is too expensive. Signed it. I mean what I say.
135. Told state officials it was illegal to place limits on coverage of emergency services for the poor.
Then, put out a new policy allowing HMO’s to do just that.
136.Said his application to a Prep School was not rejected. It was. He admitted it later.
137. Said his 2001 Tax Cut was originally designed as a stimulus. In 1999 during Clinton zoom?
138. Dan Bartlett—“Since he was not flying there was no need for him to take physical”. He was grounded because he refused to take a physical. Quite plain on his record. Snort snort.
139. Campaign official—There was no special deal for him to get into the National Guard. Sho!
140. Most small business owners pay income tax at the 39.6% rate. Boy, 5% Is not most.
141. Al Q and Iraq are in cahoots
142. Lie to democratic caucus
143. Discovery of cannisters is proof Iraq is not cooperating with the inspectors
144. I am a Uniter not a Divider. Sho! Got the world united against us.
145. Ken Lay—First met him in 1994. Very stupid lie.
146. Ken Lay supported my opponent. Yuk! You are sick to make such blatant misstatements
147. Am Iraqi agent met with Al Q Mohamed Atta in Prague. Phantom meeting.
148. Condi Rice—“No one ever dreamed of such a thing as a plane being used as a bomb”
149. Ari—there will be no social security for young people. Well! I must have been wrong.
150. “I visited the Space Center in Houston while Governor”. No you did not . Why does this BOY say such things?
151. The recession began before I took office.
152.“You can’t say one thing and do another”. “My tax cut will not cause deficits even in a recession.”
153. Colin Powell before UN: “The tape clearly establishes a connection between Osama Bin Laden and Hussein, beyond all question.” The tape when played in it’s entirety told a very different story. I respect(ed) Colin and wonder why he would spout such an untruth.
154. Colin showed a photo which he alleged was a plant producing chemical weapons. Baloney. Old buildings. Small bakery. Thirty reporters went to the site and said “Bunk”. It was on European TV but did you see it on American TV?
155. Ari said the evidence by the UN inspectors of a missile site which could travel beyond UN limitations was a breach. Iraq said it varied in distance according to payload. Russian authority said it was reported to the UN. The extra distance was minimal. It could go 120 miles which will just about make it a Serious Security Risk for America?
156. Newsday-2-23-03-Bush and Ari lied whey they said the Blue Chip Forecast showed the economy would grow at 3.3% this year if Bush tax cut is passed. Randall Moore editor of Blue Chip denied the claim. Why do these BOYS keep making such false claims? White House personnel became almost hysterical in trying to spin it.
157. “I support After-School Programs”. In 10-2-03 letter he sent to After School Alliance. Cut the funding by 40% per E.J. Dionne in Washington Post on 3-7-03. Rep. George Miller said “Not unexpected. It was a Clinton Program. There is obviously a search-and-destroy mission against anything that was Clinton”. Nice Christian group?
158. Reuters-3-7-03-The U.S. and British lied about their proof Iraq imported Uranium. The IAEA concluded it was a false charge. Psychos?
159. 2-28-03-Speech on Homelnd Secuirty-“I proposed 3.5B for first Responders. He proposed an increase of 1B not 3.5B as he claimed He vetoed 400 Million passed by Congress for First Responders and in 2002 he actually froze money for them.
160. Colin: ”They are hiding banned arms in mobile laboratories”. Outlook India. Com 3-6-03 “Hans Blix stated” No evidence of such activities has been found. He said his inspectors had followed U.S. leads and got nothing”.
161. January 3, 2003—“My Jobs Program(for rich) will create 2.1 million jobs and the tax cut shave been front loaded to have as much effect in the first year as possible. January 8th-White House document released ahowed that job creation will be about 190,000 in 2003. NY Times Edmund L. Andrews 1-9-03.
162. Ameri-Corps—Wash. Post Dana Milbank-2-27-03-“During SOUA Bush made it a central part of his “Compassionate Conservative” program and called for it to grow to 75,000 from 50,000. Instead, It is possible enrollment will be 26,000 this year. In December of 2002 Bush said it was “expanding mightily”. The funding will be 64 million short in 2003.”
163. Salmon Fish Story-Seattle Post Intelligence 1-16-03-Bush said “the salmon runs can be restored without building dams. The man and fish can coexist. Bush is still holding up 4 million to help them coexist.
164. Paul Krugman-NY Times-2-25-03-Presdient Vincente Fox of Mexico felt betrayed by his good buddy Bushlite. Old Bushie (promises made-promises kept) promised to give amnesty to all illegal immigrants from Mexico. Next time Vicente watch who you trust. Be sure they are solid Christians! Remember this is White House overflowing with Dignity and Integrity. Plus convicted criminals.
165. Wash. Post 2-26-03-“I have not made up my mind on war (slaughtering ). John Bolton, Undersecretary of State said “We are going ahead UN or no UN. It is already final? I am a leader? I am in charge? I will make the decision?
166. Ari said “We know they have it (WMD). A list of 25 sites were quietly provided.” Hans Blix challenged Bush and Powell to put up or shut up” . The info they provided has been junk junk junk said UN Inspectors.
167. Ari “Bush is willing to be patient”. The very next day Bush said “time is running out”. Who is in charge? Do these boys speak to each other?
am willing to offer them food and energy assistance if they stop their nuke-uler program.” I say what I mean. When my mind is made up it stays made up. Do we have a scorched brain here?
169. Colin tried to paste a link between Saddam and Al Queda by saying “a sinister nexus between Iraq and the Al Queda net work.” He used as proof a chemical weapons training center in an area controlled by Ansar al-Islam. Reporters visited he area and found no poof.
In fact, the group hates Saddam and Al Queda.
170. 2-3-03 White House Fact Sheet-“The budget would be in double digit deficit if there had never been a tax cut in 2001. The budget returned to deficit because of War, Recession and emergencies associated with the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11”. Whoever wrote the Fact Sheet did not look at Historical tables volume of White house budget. Page 5 read: An economic slowdown began in 2001 and was exacerbated by the terrorists attack of September 11. The “deterioration” in the performance of the economy came together “with income tax relief” provided to help offset the economic slowdown and additional spending in response to the terrorist attacks produced a drop in the surplus to 127.1 billion and a return to deficits in 2002.
171. Bush said only North Korea was to blame for crisis. Colin Powell gave “great credit” to Clinton for freezing NK plutonium enrichment program in the 1994 Framework Then. Wash Post reported a senior Bush administration official suggested the nuclear crisis was the predictable result of a flawed 1994 agreement signed by Clinton with Pyongyang that “frontloaded all the benefits and left the difficult things to the end for the next president (Clinton). Honor,Dignity and Integrity. It got lost somehow.
A great source of Bush lies is Sam Parry article of 11-4-02 in http://www.consortiumnews.com headed “Bush’s Life of Deception”.
172. The Education as number one priority has slipped through the cracks. The 2004 Budget of Bush eliminated 45 educational programs. A total of 1.6 Billion. Major ones are Comprehensive School Reform(235 million). Rural Education (162.5 million). Smaller Learning Communities (142.2millon). Perkins Loans (100 million). Regional Educational Laboratories(67.5 million). Leveraging Educational Asst. Partnerships(67 million). Preparing teachers to use technology (62.5 million). Community Service of expelled students (50million). Parental Asst. Info. Centers (40 million). Physical Education Programs (50 million). Community Technology Centers(32.5 millon). Fund for the Improvement of Education was cut by( 361 million). Source is Report by House Budget Committee (Democratic Caucus-John Spratt Jr.) 2-4-03—this c- student a loose in land of learning!
173. NY Times-3-10-03—Elizsabeth Rumiller-“Antiwar Clerics wonder if Bush hears their call”. Cardinal Pio Laghi a peace emissary sent by the Pope John Paul II to meet with Bush said “he was told he could not talk to reporters in the White House driveway where microphones are routinely set up for visitors to the Oval Office. Ari Fleischer said it was not true. Cardinal Laghi held a press conference anyway. Will you believe emissary from Pope or Ari? Ha!
174.Harper’s magazine-Weekly Review-3-4-03—Bush administration officials hinted Russia might have a hard time collecting it’s Iraqi debts if it fails to support Bush Slaughterama. Other security council members were being told they would pay a “heavy price” if no support for slaughterama. Ari denied it (of course).
175. Consortium News-11-4-02-In the October 11 debate Bush said the Clinton-Gore administration “took 40 million acres of land out of circulation without consulting local officials. He said “I just cited an example of the administration just unilaterally acting without any input.” The Forest Service conducted 600 public meetings.
Like Father like son “I will do (or say) anything to win”. GHW Bush in 1992.
176. Bush said during the debate “Our water in Texas is cleaner now”. The Sierra Club said “The discharge of industrial toxic pollution into surface waters in Texas increased from 23.2 million pounds in 1995 to 25.2 million pounds in 1998 the last year of available data (Bush hiding it?)
177. Bush said: “I do not need polling to tell me what to think”. NBC News 10-6-00 reported Bush spent over one million on polling during his campaign. It was widely reported that during first two years in the White House over one million per year was spent on polling as much as Clinton spent over first two years.
“Who cares what you think”. He must have meant it for all Americans.
Reporter-Writer Sam Parry writes “Bush’s growing record of lies, both big and small, suggest something perhaps more troubling. His personal history of Heavy Drinking, Drug use, Carousing, disappearances from military duty, repeated business failures and political hypocrisies-combined with his ability to avoid ever paying a significant price for his deceptions-my have given him a sense of his own infallibility”.
Paul Krugman-NY Times-(on wmnf-fm-tampa 2-26-03)-The Bush administration’s level of irresponsibility and dishonesty is unprecedented”. Amen!
Washington Post Editorial on Bush Tax Cut: ”Mr. Bush must know how phony his “averages” are. Anytime a salesman has to resort to such deceptive tactics, the customer ought to be wary about what is being sold”.
Dennis Hans writes:”I review below 23 “techniques of deception” of Bush and his foreign-policy team.”
178. Colin before UN: “My colleagues, every statement I make today is backed up by sources, solid sources. These are not assertions. What we are giving you are facts and conclusions based on solid intelligence.” Powell presented now discredited presentations of bogus tales based on discredited defectors , tortured captives, photos and tape recordings that proved little or nothing. Wild speculation. A “fine British dossier built on plagiarized essays with 12 year old “revelations” and so on.”
179. Powell makes strong claims about Iraq’s retention and development of non-conventional weapons. Instead of providing proof Powell produced photos of al-Taji ammunition storage facility. Powell claimed they are a ”signature item” for chemical bunkers. A picture of a truck and a shed by themselves reveal nothing about the content of the adjacent bunker. Swinney note: Reporters visited the site only a couple days later and found a small bakery and dilapidated buildings.
180. Powell used tapes of conversations. The State Department’s transcript of the actual conversation makes it evident that Powell had embellished the quote to make it appear much more incriminating. Intent to deceive is LYING.
181. Bush claimed the location of Samoud 2 Missiles was “Tip of Iceberg”. He has produced nothing to back up such a claim. If ha has information he is required to notify the inspectors under UN Resolution. Liar plus criminal?
182 Powell stated there were labs in remote Kurdistan. No proof.
183. Powell stated there were mobile labs with WMD. No proof. Hans Blix’s inspectors followed all leads supplied by U.S. Intelligence and some inspectors called US Intelligence information “jumk” and kept them on wild goose chases (found two mobile food kitchens).
http://www.accuracy.org has several examples of deception.
184. Bush said during his speech to UN Security Council on Sept 12 “Iraq has made several attempts to buy high-strength aluminum tubes used to enrich uranium for nuclear weapons. In his SOUA on Jan 28 he repeated it.
He has yet to produce anything but rhetoric.
185. Bush made inference eight times to a tie between Iraq and Al Qaeda in his news conference. By citing 9/11 he tried to alchemize American anger at Al Qaeda into support for smashing Saddam. No proof of Saddam-Al Qaeda connection.
186. Bush said location of Samoud2 Missiles was “Tip of Iceberg”. No proof of any iceberg. If he has proof he is in violation of UN Resolution by withholding information from inspectors.
Noted Journalist Sy Hearst-“There is no real standard of integrity because the White House doesn’t have any”
Paul Krugman-NY Times-America’s leadership has lost touch with reality. The eagerness to believe that an Iraq nuclear program does exist has led to a series of embarrassing debacles capped by the forged Niger papers. It is clear that deposing Saddam has become an obsession.”
187. -03-13-03--AP-Niko Price-From Al-Taji, Iraq--IRAQ DRONE. Iraqi officials took journalists to the Ibn Firna State Company just north of Baghdad where the drone’s project director said Colin Powell and Bush lied. The Drone was mad eof Balsa wood with two small propellers attached to what looks like the engine of a weed whacker
188. Bush Two Gun Shootout at Ok Corral speech—“Every measure was taken to avoid war”—words will live in infamy. Did this boy ever hear of inspections?
One analyst revealed 21 lies Bush spoke in his “24 hour to leave Dodge” speech. I plan to edit them and will use them if I find them plausible.
189. David Ensor-CNN Wash. Bureau-3-14-03-Powell referred to proof of Iraq attempting to buy uranium in his UN presentation. Totally false. Fake document.
190. Wash Post-3-21-03-Glenn Kessler—“it’s a bald face lie to claim the “coalition” is greater than the one on 1991” per Ivo H. Daalder of Brookings Institute. The comparison is not close.
Can anyone explain to me why why why it is necessary to tell such bald faced LIES over and over by Bush-Cheney-Rumsfeld and others in the most dishonest administration since dinosaurs. It is incomprehensible to me. They make Nixonites look saintly. Are these people SANE?
---------------BUSH SLAUGHTERAMA COMING SOON -------
Dennis Hans information can be seen at www. Liberal Slant.com—http://www.scoop.com—http://www.takebackthemedia.com or HANS D@popmail.firn.edu
Edward - 3/25/2003
>>So maybe he ought not to knock the bravery of people who are willing to join their country's military and attempt to protect the ideals of their country and their way of life.
The bravery of the soldiers is not "knocked" at all, from my reading of the article. The Honesty of the BUSH ADMINSTRATION is what is at question.
Let me put it so the average Dittohead can understand..
SOLDIERS GOOD. BUSH BAD.
SOLDIERS BRAVE. BUSH LIES.
Dark Horse - 3/25/2003
I wonder if Carpenter is aware that the Kosovar Albanians name their children Bill and Madeline, and that they offered to send a military unit to join the coalition so that the U.S. would not withdraw its own forces from Kosovo.
Oh, that wouldn't fit into Mr. Carpenter's little world.
John Brown - 3/25/2003
Dear valiant Todd:
How's the weather in Nasariyah ?
Or shall we pray for your friends who are actually over there that they don't have more friends like you, agitating for sending them off to unAmerican and unnecessary wars ?
Meanwhile, how about addressing what Carpenter actually said ?
E. A. Blair - 3/25/2003
Last week Carpenter lavished praise on Hussein's ability to remain in power. This week he commends Hitler's ability to attract allies. Which dictator will Carpenter fawn over next week? Stalin would be a safe bet, but my money is on Kim Jong-Il. Castro is the darkhorse. He is right though, what the current war needs is several thousand Turkish soldiers in Iraq. The fact that Albania is Europe's only Muslim country escapes Carpenter's attention. For someone so enamored of demagoguery, he ought to realize that sometime symbols count for quite a lot.
Todd Galle - 3/25/2003
My goodness, how to respond...apparently, since Germany, France, and Belgium have decided that holding Iraq to its Cease Fire Agreements (in addition to UNSC Mandates) made after the 1st Gulf War is somehow 'unilateral' is quite interesting. Certainly, remit the 1441 UNSC Resolution...never really meant it...ditto all preceeding UNSC Resolutions, window dressing, don't know, indeed. So only 30 countries are willing to risk Terrorist attacks on their soil and citizens in response to their support for the US. Perhaps they understand their stake in the modern world better than many. This moral support is worth far more, to many Americans, than a Canadian 'pass'(not quickly forgotten), or a Franco-Belgian-German intransigance in any situation, at any time. It is not, perhaps, entirely suprising to find an attack on Israel at the last. Surely, Bush is working in league with the Jews. Goodness, just before a request for the Administration to be 'honest'. I see representatives of my elected Government in televised news conferences quite frequently since the inception of the war. The politicians and generals are front and center in the Q & A amidst the Fourth Estate. Where are the 'protesters'? What is their truth other than that Bush is 'Hitler', and that 'thousands' of Iraquis will die, DIE, at the hands of the US, and that Bush is fighting 'FOR OIL', etc., etc., ...Where are the multi-question segments with the leaders of the 'Anti-War Movement'? Just asking... Although, without a PHD, I probably wouldn't recognize demagoguery when I step in it. I will, though, wear deep boots, and PRAY for all my friends actually fighting to destroy what others will not accept as existing.
Herodotus - 3/24/2003
Mr. Carpenter's analysis suggests that he'd be just as critical of the limited forces the international coalition has contributed to the Afghan mission.
But then it matters what kinds of forces are contributed. The Polish contribution, for example, are a special forces team, not just 200 random soldiers.
So maybe he ought not to knock the bravery of people who are willing to join their country's military and attempt to protect the ideals of their country and their way of life. After all, its the soldiers of Poland and Australia as much as the United States and Britain who are standing up for freedom and justice and his right to post just whatever he says.
Remember, if this were Iraq, or Iran, or any number of other places, we'd only speculate at what would have happened to him by now.
- The Memorial Where Slavery Is Real
- Thomas Piketty accuses Germany of forgetting history as it lectures Greece
- Greek ‘No’ May Have Its Roots in Heroic Myths and Real Resistance
- 150 years later, schools are still a battlefield for interpreting Civil War
- Where are America's memorials to pain of slavery, black resistance?
- Historian: "I don’t want my students to simply choose sides in a polemic between heritage and hate"
- Harvard’s Nancy Cott says the conservatives in the gay marriage case have a stilted idea of the history of marriage
- Did a historian who said he’s a victim of McCarthyism get the story wrong?
- Stephanie Coontz’s work on the history of marriage cited by the Supreme Court.
- How Does It Feel To Have One’s Work as a Historian Cited by the Supreme Court? Cool. Very Cool. Thank You Very Much.