National Trust for Historic Preservation Releases Annual List of Endangered SitesBreaking News
The National Trust for Historic Preservation (NTHP) recently released its 2010 list of America’s 11 Most Endangered Historic Places. To see the list of endangered sites visit the Trust’s website.
Beginning in 1988, the NTHP has annually released the list to raise awareness of the serious threats facing the nation’s greatest treasures. Since the program’s inception, the Trust has identified 222 endangered sites. The program has been so successful in galvanizing preservation efforts across the country that, in over two decades, only a handful of sites have been lost.
comments powered by Disqus
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Does Melania Trump know what plagiarism is?
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history