National Trust for Historic Preservation Releases Annual List of Endangered Sites
The National Trust for Historic Preservation (NTHP) recently released its 2010 list of America’s 11 Most Endangered Historic Places. To see the list of endangered sites visit the Trust’s website.
Beginning in 1988, the NTHP has annually released the list to raise awareness of the serious threats facing the nation’s greatest treasures. Since the program’s inception, the Trust has identified 222 endangered sites. The program has been so successful in galvanizing preservation efforts across the country that, in over two decades, only a handful of sites have been lost.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Council on Foreign Relations Honors Kissinger Critic
- Architectural historian discovers Chartres Cathedral has started faking it
- Rick Perlstein hits back at a critic of his book on Reagan
- So Historians Are Surprised by What DNA Can Tell Us?
- AHA won't be considering petition to boycott Israel, unless it's introduced at the Business Meeting