National Trust for Historic Preservation Releases Annual List of Endangered Sites
The National Trust for Historic Preservation (NTHP) recently released its 2010 list of America’s 11 Most Endangered Historic Places. To see the list of endangered sites visit the Trust’s website.
Beginning in 1988, the NTHP has annually released the list to raise awareness of the serious threats facing the nation’s greatest treasures. Since the program’s inception, the Trust has identified 222 endangered sites. The program has been so successful in galvanizing preservation efforts across the country that, in over two decades, only a handful of sites have been lost.
comments powered by Disqus
- Here's a look at history of 'religious freedom' laws
- ‘Hamilton’ Puts Politics Onstage and Politicians in Attendance
- Earth Tectonic Plate Simulation Reveals Our Planet Has Changed A Lot In 200 Million Years
- For G.O.P., Support for Israel Becomes New Litmus Test
- Yale’s Beinecke Library Buys Vast Collection of Lincoln Photos
- History's Grandin Wins Bancroft Prize for "The Empire of Necessity"
- Nobel prize-winning scientist writes a history of science
- Ken Burns tackles history of cancer
- If historians have their way, Americans will soon learn how important religion has been in US history
- Role-playing history game gets students jazzed