Thomas Fleming receives best book award from American Revolution Round Table of New York
The American Revolution Round Table of New York has announced that Thomas Fleming’s The Intimate Lives of the Founding Fathers has won its 2009 award for best book on the American Revolution. A plaque will be presented to Mr. Fleming at the June 1 meeting of the Round Table at New York City’s Princeton Club. His editor, Elisabeth Kallick Dyssegaard, currently the editor-in-chief of Hyperion Books, will also be recognized at the ceremony. Previous winners include Mary Beth Norton, James Thomas Flexner, and Willard Sterne Randall.
Mr. Fleming has issued the following statement:
I'm deeply honored by the award.... Intimate Lives is a book that I thought about writing for twenty years and finally persuaded an editor to let me write.
My editor, Elisabeth Kallick Dyssegaard, played a crucial role in creating a book that fulfilled the challenging title. I also appreciate the role of my publisher, HarperCollins, in producing such a handsome book, with a striking cover that visually summed up the text.
Mr. Fleming is a regular contributor to HNN and the author of the featured series"Channelling George Washington."
Channelling George Washington
- Channelling George Washington (and Thomas Jefferson)
- Channelling George Washington: Foreign Policy ala Thomas Jefferson
- Channelling George Washington: The Learning Curve
- Channelling George Washington: Illusions of Victory
- Channelling George Washington: Presidents Criticizing Presidents
- Channelling George Washington: The Imperial Congress
- Channelling George Washington: The Role of the Presidency
- Channelling George Washington: Campaign Finance
- Channelling George Washington: The Glorious Fourth!
- Channelling George Washington
comments powered by Disqus
- Coming Soon, a Century Late: A Black Film Gem
- The discovery that complicated the history of sex change operations
- NYT identifies the person who exposed Gary Hart's philandering
- Decades After Trinity Nuclear Test in New Mexico, U.S. Studies Cancer Fallout
- Lawrence Of Arabia's Hand-Drawn, WWI Map Is Up for Auction
- Ken Burns and the Myth of Theodore Roosevelt
- What Ken Burns Doesn't Understand about the Roosevelts
- A call for historians to do macro history
- Colorado school board, worried about the new AP framework, wants to make sure high school kids are taught patriotic history
- Professor premieres animated short on Pueblo revolt on PBS