Thomas Fleming receives best book award from American Revolution Round Table of New YorkHistorians in the News
The American Revolution Round Table of New York has announced that Thomas Fleming’s The Intimate Lives of the Founding Fathers has won its 2009 award for best book on the American Revolution. A plaque will be presented to Mr. Fleming at the June 1 meeting of the Round Table at New York City’s Princeton Club. His editor, Elisabeth Kallick Dyssegaard, currently the editor-in-chief of Hyperion Books, will also be recognized at the ceremony. Previous winners include Mary Beth Norton, James Thomas Flexner, and Willard Sterne Randall.
Mr. Fleming has issued the following statement:
I'm deeply honored by the award.... Intimate Lives is a book that I thought about writing for twenty years and finally persuaded an editor to let me write.
My editor, Elisabeth Kallick Dyssegaard, played a crucial role in creating a book that fulfilled the challenging title. I also appreciate the role of my publisher, HarperCollins, in producing such a handsome book, with a striking cover that visually summed up the text.
Mr. Fleming is a regular contributor to HNN and the author of the featured series"Channelling George Washington."
Channelling George Washington
- Channelling George Washington (and Thomas Jefferson)
- Channelling George Washington: Foreign Policy ala Thomas Jefferson
- Channelling George Washington: The Learning Curve
- Channelling George Washington: Illusions of Victory
- Channelling George Washington: Presidents Criticizing Presidents
- Channelling George Washington: The Imperial Congress
- Channelling George Washington: The Role of the Presidency
- Channelling George Washington: Campaign Finance
- Channelling George Washington: The Glorious Fourth!
- Channelling George Washington
comments powered by Disqus
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Mary Beard, herself a bestselling author, wonders why more women historians aren't
- Princeton U. historian Imani Perry claims mistreatment in parking ticket arrest
- Retired historian George Dennison remains on the payroll at the U. of Montana while faculty are cut
- The Atlantic profiles exciting ways to teach history
- LDS Church has gone from 0 to 4 historians specializing in women’s history