Richard Nixon's grandson seeks officeBreaking News
Christopher Nixon Cox is seeking the Republican nomination to run against four-term Democratic US Rep. Tim Bishop in eastern Long Island - a seat Republicans hope to win as part of the party's effort to recapture the House of Representatives.
In his first extensive interview since announcing his candidacy, Mr Cox said that while he is aware of his grandfather's controversial place in history, it has not yet posed a problem for him on the campaign trail.
Cox is the only son of Nixon's oldest daughter, Tricia, who married Edward Finch Cox in a White House ceremony in 1971. The elder Cox now chairs the New York State Republican Party.
Chris Cox was born in 1979, five years after Nixon resigned in disgrace over the scandal in which White House was implicated in trying to cover up the Nixon campaign committee's role in a break-in at Democratic National Committee headquarters in the Watergate complex in Washington, D.C.
comments powered by Disqus
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Transcribed Document: Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity