Naomi Oreskes finds that out of 928 articles on climate change, 0 challenge consensusHistorians in the News
With data gathered from ice cores, tree rings, and coral, climatologists have been able to accurately reconstruct temperature fluctuations over the past 1,000 years. The data confirms what James Inhofe, Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh and others ignore: that the hottest years over the past millennium are 2005 and 2009 and that the years 1998, 2002, 2003 and 2006 round out the top six.
The debate today is combative, filled with unreasoned personal attacks and far from the respectful scientific dialogue the issue deserves. If you are in the camp of “a lot of snow = no global warming,” and it gets to 104-degrees this July, will you believe climate change really is happening?...
comments powered by Disqus
John D. Beatty - 5/12/2010
Science can't unanimously agree on anything else, but the cause du jure, the one where all the grant money in natural science is going and the one that, to "fix" requires the most change of how we live, is unchallenged and apparently unchallengeable.
I find it incredible that absolutely no one challenges the "climate change" consensus. It is far more likely that the challenges to the consensus are silenced by those with the most to gain, who are those who do not challenge it and who force their view of how we should live on the rest of us.
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Transcribed Document: Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity