Reagan Brothers Feud Over Father's Response to Tea Party MovementBreaking News
Spurred by his younger brother Ron's recent appearance on Joy Behar's Headline News show, Michael Reagan, a Republican strategist, issued a written statement Wednesday saying his father would've supported the movement.
"I believe he would embrace the Tea Party Movement, if he were alive today, and support the work of Sarah Palin, Scott Brown and others who espouse conservative principles, who are opening up the eyes of the public to what is happening to our nation," said Michael Reagan, who runs Reagan PAC, which supports candidates in the Reagan mold.
Ron Reagan, a liberal Democrat, told Behar last month that the Gipper, a conservative icon who would have turned 99 last weekend, would've been turned off by the modern Tea Party.
The public sibling rivalry follows the first National Tea Party convention held in Nashville last weekend in which Palin, the former Republican vice presidential candidate, was they keynote speaker, and a party at the Reagan Library commemorating the 40th president's birthday.
comments powered by Disqus
Jay Song - 2/12/2010
I think Reagan's record speaks for itself. He would have embraced the tea party movement. Then, as his record shows, he would provide tax cuts and he would not cut but increase fiscal spending. He would cut social programs, but use that money to fund military. In fact, Reagan deficits mark the beginning of the deficit problem we have today. These deficits did produce growth, but they did not produce growth in ways that were able to back the deficits they created.
- 10 questions and answers about America’s “Big Government”
- Lithuanian nationalists celebrate Holocaust-era quisling, Pepe the Frog near execution site
- Lincoln, Washington and Roosevelts remain history’s best presidents in survey
- Winston Churchill essay on 'aliens' found: 'British Bulldog' had a philosophical streak
- Doppelgänger ethics: Why Austria arrested a Hitler double
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit
- Yuval Noah Harari foresees a god-like future for humans
- Published Historian Of Spain Indicted By A Federal Grand Jury For Possession Of Child Pornography
- Stephen F. Cohen continuing his lonely campaign to stop the media from "Kremlin-Baiting President Trump”
- Seven Books Named as Finalists for the 2017 $50,000 George Washington Prize