Tiny ancestor is T. rex blueprint (China)Breaking News
They tell Science magazine that the fossil displays the same features as T. rex but in miniature.
The new species, Raptorex kriegsteini, would have weighed around 65kg; its descendants were 90 times as massive.
Scientists believe it could be the "missing link" between earlier species of dinosaur and T. rex.
The 125-million-year-old specimen suggests that T. rex's characteristic big head with enhanced jaw, relatively small forearms and huge back legs were inherited from this much smaller dinosaur, and that the body type changed little over millions of years except in size.
comments powered by Disqus
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”